Improve access to abortion care by becoming a volunteer!
What volunteers provide:
- Transportation in their personal vehicles for people seeking abortion care in and around Maryland. Volunteers must provide a copy of their insurance and drivers’ license to MAAA coordinators.
- Lodging for 1-2 nights in their home for people traveling to Maryland to seek abortion care. Lodging must include a separate room with a door and within a 30-minute drive of the clinic the patient is going to.
How to become a volunteer:
- Complete this interest form. You can choose to volunteer for any and/or all of the roles.
- Complete a short phone call with the MAAA coordinator.
- Attend a 4 hour training. Trainings happen regularly via Zoom.
- Pass a background check.
- Complete required items for each volunteer type you wish to do. These will be sent directly to MAAA coordinator:
- Transportation: copy of drivers’ license and car insurance
- Lodging: complete short, virtual video visit of your space for the guest w/ coordinator
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.